Why You Should Use SEO Marketing for Your Small Business?
So you’re pioneering a small business with great prospects. It could be a quaint coffee shop, a base for your wedding photography, or a mobile cleaning service. SEO is a great tool for boosting any business.
One thing you may be wondering is… what exactly is SEO? Don’t worry, it’s a common question about something that can quickly get complicated. So we’ll be sure to show you some basics and benefits it can bring to your small business.
SEO, or search engine optimization, refers to the various techniques you can apply to the format and content of your website to make it more appealing to search engines. It is used by SEO agencies similar to SEO Shark. By doing the right things, you can make a huge impact on your business’ online presence. Here’s just a handful techniques…
- Using trending keywords
- Getting links to your business from credible sources
- Writing interesting and educational blog posts
- Using social media tools to your advantage
- Analysing traffic flow
Now onto the reasons why you should be using SEO for your business…
1. The first and probably most important reason you should be using SEO, is that it lands your business page in a better ranked position on Google search results. With millions of results returned to search queries, and users generally scrolling no further than half way down the first page, it’s imperative to beat the crowd.
2. Have you heard of the mere exposure effect? It’s based on how we all tend to have a preference for things we’re familiar with, over those we don’t know. This social psych phenomenon explains why we tend to buy known labels like ‘Coca Cola’ over other less known cola brands.
Familiarising users with your brand can be easily done by simply having them encounter it in some way – and subtly (or not so subtly) increasing its presence. The internet allows at much faster rates than traditional marketing would previously allow.
3. Creating user-friendly sites is another sure way to make your business page more appealing. On one hand this means including content that is genuinely interesting and relevant for viewers. On the other, it means formatting your website so it’s easy to see and navigate on any device – for example, ensure pages and videos load fast and have the right dimensions on laptops, smartphones, tablets, and so forth.
4. Answer the questions that real people are asking on Google. Today, search engines go beyond simply looking for matching keywords. The new way is to analyse user intention and the context of word use, to generate results that contain meaningful information about the concepts being enquired.
So, if you want to be a strong competitor in the current SEO landscape, it’s essential for you to produce fresh, rich information about the context and concepts surrounding your keywords.
5. With attractive, easy to use content that answers trending questions you will naturally standout from the crowd of webpages out there. From here you’ll see a boost in your website traffic, and more loyal customers who like what they see.
If you produce great content, you’ll be attracting more viewers, and this is a fantastic growth mechanism in itself once you gain a little momentum and e-word-of-mouth.
As you can see, your small business only has much to gain by adopting a few SEO techniques. Not to mention, the field is exponentially increasing and if you want to keep up with your competitors, this is definitely the way to go!